aCNE FIGHTER FACIAL
The Acne Fighter Facial is an advanced treatment application by iS CLINICALLY. Designed for gentle exfoliations with soothing and healing benefits for oily, congested, and acne-prone or otherwise problematic skin.
THE ACNE FIGHTER FACIAL AT THE ROSE SPA OF LAKE MARY
Acne is a very common concern, affecting over 50 million Americans and 80-90% of teens worldwide. Many factors can contribute to these challenging problems, so it is recommended to consult a skin care professional. The Rose Of Lake Mary Spa offers The Acne Fighter Facial using iS Clinical products that assist with the multiple concerns of blemish-prone skin. They are scientifically formulated to penetrate the skin’s surface, clearing out clogged pores while gently exfoliating away pore-clogging dead skin cells, oil, and debris.
WHAT IS AN ACNE FIGHTER FACIAL?
Also called a “decongesting facial” or “deep cleaning” facial, this treatment deeply purifies the skin and often includes rounds of extractions to unclog the pores. Although, you can expect extractions from any classic facial option (unless you’re dealing with super-inflamed or cystic acne, but more on that later). That’s not what sets acne facials apart on the spa menu. Rather, acne facials tend to add and omit certain steps during the process to treat and prevent blemishes.
If you’re dealing with any active breakouts or congested skin that needs a deep, purifying cleanse, chances are you’ll benefit from The Acne Fighter Facial at The Rose Spa Of Lake Mary. Anyone struggling with mild to moderate acne including blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores in general is a good candidate.
THE ACNE FIGHTER FACIAL PROCESS
- Cleanse: As with any facial, you’ll want to start with a clean canvas. During an acne facial, our esthetician might double- (or even triple-) cleanse the skin to remove all traces of buildup.
- Exfoliate: To prep the skin for extractions, we will include an exfoliating step, be it a gentle peel, tea-tree-oil-infused toner, or even a gentle, vibrating scrubber to manually remove congestion. The key here is to “penetrate the pores to break up built-up oil for easier extractions,”
- Extract: Up next, the extractions: our esthetician will either use the finger method or a comedone extractor tool to gently remove blackheads and whiteheads. Gently is the operative word here—if a spot looks too deep or angry to extract, the professional will likely skip it.
- Treat: “High-frequency [devices] are then used to kill any leftover bacteria on the surface and decrease inflammation of painful cystic acne,” notes Armstrong. At this point, our esthetician may also introduce LED light therapy to calm the skin and prevent future breakouts from forming.
- Moisturize & Calm: Again, acne-prone skin shouldn’t skimp on hydration. We use iS Clinical serums and products at the end of an acne facial help to keep the skin hydrated and protected.